You Have My Word

“I will not violate my covenant or alter the word that went forth from my lips.” Psalm 89:34

You Have My Word

You have my heart, its yours alone

You have my soul till time is gone

But there’s one thing of greater worth

I give it now, you have my word

You have my word, I promise you

Long as I live I will be true

Your love is more than I deserve

I give it now, you have my word

You have my hopes, and all my dreams

You have my years, all that remain

Still there’s one thing of greater worth

I give it now, you have my word

(Steve & Annie Chapman/Little Dog Little Boy Music/BMI)

Comments

1. Thanks so much…another reminder that I can’t quit or run away even when I want too! Pastoring and way too many commitments along with teenage sons…the middle ones of 8…it gets so hard some days..like today~

2. phyllis Richards says

Steve and Annie,
    You were at the church I attend Sunday and I really enjoyed listening to you all.
    New Albany, IN

3. Karen (Groves) Blankenship says

Beautiful message and music as always! Can’t wait to see you both!
    Karen (Groves) Blankenship

4. Richard Gibson says

Congratulations to the both of you and thank you for another GREAT song. Your music has been part of the soundtrack of our 27 years of marriage including 7 children-now all nearly fully grown. You are both truly amazingly gifted artists. We have just about everything you have recorded all the way back to the self titled cassette (Daddy please find a reason etc). We love them all! Our 2nd oldest daughter married in Feb 2013 and what did she pick for the father/daughter dance? You’re the only Little Girl. Needless to say I was in tears. May the Lord continue to bless your family richly. Your music has strengthened and encouraged many –

5. Joe and Sue Giachero says

So thankful you have chosen to bless us with some more of your music! It is always a treat listening to two “friends” that we’ve aged with! (After listening to your music for so many years we can’t help but think of you as friends!) Can’t wait to get our own CD to hear all of the songs.

6. Steve and Annie, what a beautiful song! I loved it! God bless!

7. Beverly Tellifero says

Beautiful! Blessed as always by your songwriting skills and beautiful voices proclaiming His truth, and love in song!
    We live and pastor in West Monroe, LA and are friends with Ken and Karen Fletcher…wonderful people and so very encouraging! I remember hearing you sing a marriage retreat…in Lexington, Ky sitting in a church as you all sang a song about Daddy please find a reason to stay and as the words hit home watched a man exit the concert in tears. i remember praying for him and his family. We never know this side of heaven the lives we touch and the seeds that bare forth fruit. Blessings…we never retire from being faithful to the One who calls us!

• Steve and Annie says

Beverly,
      Thank you for your comment. We appreciate the encouragement. Sharing a friendship with The Fletchers puts us in mighty good company. They are indeed great folks. Thanks for the report about praying for the man who responded in tears to Daddy Please Find A Reason. We trust that God ministered to him that night and the fruit was good.
      Thanks again and blessings to you and your family,
      Steve & Annie