Thank a Teacher!

If you have or had a teacher who deserves your thanks for what they did for you, be sure to let them know.  I was grateful to have the opportunity to recently thank the sweet woman who was my creative writing class teacher in my senior year of high school. You’ll meet Mrs Margaret Withrow in this video and learn why  I consider her as one the most influential people in my life.

The detailed story of how Mrs. Withrow planted the seed of writing in my heart is in chapter 11 of my book,                                               “Another Look At Life From A Deer Stand.”  The chapter title is, “Turtle on a Fencepost.”

My sincere thanks to Harvest House Publishers in Eugene, Oregon for their hand in the blessing I was able to give to Mrs. Withrow.

Steve

Comments

1. Alice Click says:

Steve Chapman came back to Thank His Teacher who encouraged him to write!

• Steve and Annie says:

Alice…thanks for your comment about Mrs. Withrow. You know who she is and know that she had a positive influence in a lot of lives. Hey to Karl and the fam.

2. Rick Handley says:

Thanks Steve for posting this. Mrs. Withrow was an outstanding teacher and you told her what many of us former students think of her and what an influence she had in our lives. I see her occasionally at the Nursing home when I visit my aunt. Take care and thanks again.

• Steve and Annie says:

Rick…we appreciate your kind words about our beloved teacher. We can all hope that if we make down the road of time as far as Mrs Withrow has that folks will feel the same about us. She’s a good act to follow.

3. Lydia Davis says:

Steve,
    Mrs.Withrow touched many lives! She stood up for me when another teacher felt I wasn’t “good enough” to participate in activities. She didn’t care about who I knew, but what I knew. I will always be grateful

• Steve and Annie says:

Lydia… We’re both living proof that a teacher has such a powerful and lasting impact on lives. Thanks for your comment.
      SC

4. Reida Doolittle says:

Steve,
    Thank you for going to Mrs. Withrow and letting her know what a positive influence that she played in yours and so many of our lives! I have always said that she and Clara Belle Dunn prepared me for college. She challenged so many of us to go outside of the box! Teachers impact so many lives and many never know what a positive influence they leave with us for the rest of our lives! My best to both you and Annie!

• Steve and Annie says:

Reida…our thanks for adding your tribute to Mrs Withrow. She deserves the roses now while she can enjoy them.
      Blessings to you